Friday, November 30, 2007

Sugar Plums For Your Dog?


The other day I saw this sign outside of a local shopping mall. Please excuse the poor pic.

So who would take their dog to sit on Santa's lap?

It turns out I happened to be there yesterday afternoon with my camera. It was quite the madhouse, er doghouse.



I didn't capture it but to the left was a line 20 animals deep. It's one thing to worship your mutt in the privacy of your house, but to do so publicly?

I'll say it again, animal worship, much like Earth worship, is one giant deflection.

It's an attempt by the lonely, the bitter, and the family-less to fill their life with meaning.

Heck, who doesn't like to come home to a warm, unconditionally loving pet?



But, in this age of decadent wealth and anti-social individualism, too many people have gotten carried away.

See my old post Deranged Dog People.

3 comments:

Taylor Conant said...

Everyday, a new symbol of the absurdist society.

What... is... WRONG with these people?

McDozer said...

Well, isn't it in the BIBLE? - "Thou shalt love the Lord, thy Dog with all thine heart, all thine soul and all thy might!"
At least that seems to be the religion my wife adheres to...

aline said...

what an exciting experience!/Hilorious! Delightful! True!
Scaffold Hire