Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Jinxing The Celtics



Last year, I deprecated the acquisitions of Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen. Not in my wildest dreams did I think that team would dominate all season and win the first Celtics NBA title since Larry Bird's juggernaut in 1986.

So this year, undaunted, I will again call it like I see it and...

...JINX my favorite team.

This year, I predict they will be better than last year. Sure the core, Pierce, Ray Allen, and Kevin Garnett will be a little older and a tad less hungry. Sure, they may get hit with injuries - though this risk is ever-present for the entire league.

BUT, this team's chemistry has to be better with a year under their belt. I expect younger players: Rajon Rondo, Kendrick Perkins, Tony Allen, Glen Davis, and most especially Leon Powe to all be better.

The nerds at ESPN pick the Lakers to win this year. Scroll down this previous post to see how poorly they predicted the NBA Finals.

No comments: