Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Mark Cuban, Trader



Apparently, Mark Cuban got LONG the market on October 8th. Here's his call - I'm Going Long Right Now.

He's posted his *buy alert* at 1:06pm, I am guessing he got long with the Dow roughly around 9,400.

From my prior post you can see what happened the very next day:



Looks like he bought some dividend players (energy?) and shorted puts on the Dow.

Ouch. Or should I say "early".

He says he covered his puts and didn't get hurt (how?).

I don't mean to suggest this guy is stupid with his money - it's quite the contrary.

The Dow closed at 9,034 today.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny, I just got done reading his blog. I was re-reading the part on Success and Motivation. Not bad if I do say so myself. One thing I would like to point out is that he says to NEVER put your money in the market (or listen to a broker for that matter).

I've been meaning to suggest that you marginalize all those idiots who wear the stupid ear pieces in lieu of holding their cell phones.

Anonymous said...

Just bookmarked that blog. Good stuff. Too bad I don't have have any consumer debt. I am all excited to pay it off.

Earpieces are dumb-oarticularly those idiots who wear them in the grocery store, playground, etc. Built in bluetooth is the way to go. I will never drive another vehicle without it.

Slow out

Anonymous said...

oops, typo

CaptiousNut said...

They need earpieces up here in Mass. Everyday I almost get hit by someone text-messaging or dialing a cell phone while driving. There's no *hands-free* law, yet.

Admittedly, the little ear phone looks rather stupid - especially when it seems like they are talking to themselves.

Anonymous said...

C-Nut,

Cuban was charged with insider trading...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122693827604333637.html
Kfell