Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Second Career Roadkill



At around 11:45pm, on my way back from the Celtics playoff game last night, I espied a rodent making its way gingerly across the street not one hundred yards from my driveway.

Timing it perfectly, I flattened it under the right front tire of my Earch-scorching Ford Explorer.

Then I spun around and snapped a picture of it so this time there'd be proof.

If y'all remember from My First Roadkill, all evidence of my kill quickly and mysteriously vanished.

In fact, by 7am this morning, I noticed down the street that last night's roadkill was eerily gone as well.

These local Chinese restaurateurs must do a *dawn sweep* of the roadways.

7 comments:

CaptiousNut said...

Why?

Because I drive a so-called *SUV*?

I don't see what's so offensive about this post beyond possibly my mode of transportation.

Anonymous said...

You insult a particular race and you did not even notice it.

CaptiousNut said...

The *rat race*?

I remain perplexed

Why do I feel like I'm talking to a masked Taylor?

CaptiousNut said...

Rats are a delicacy in China.

Google it.

Even the NYT has printed this fact.

CaptiousNut said...

AND, I will quote my main man here, Will Durant:

Such onomatopoeia still remains a refuge in linguistic emergencies. The Englishman eating his first meal in China, and wishing to know the character of the meat he was eating, inquired, with Anglo-Saxon dignity and reserve, "Quack, quack?" To which the Chinaman, shaking his head, answered cheerfully, "Bow-wow."

CaptiousNut said...

Have you seen any local or north american chinese restaurants serving rats?

Well, I believe that much of what's on N American Chinese menus, e.g. the eggroll, isn't even to be found in China!

Anonymous said...

u should hook up a webcam and record it...maybe u will catch somebody