Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sunsets



I captured that sunset leaving Sag Harbor Sunday night.

This evening I drove by that spot again, only it was overcast, and we were rushing to make the Orient Point ferry. Our trip to Southampton got shortened by a couple of days by the passing of my dear grandmother. She was in her ninth decade and had lived the fullest of lives when her time came.

As her most favoritest of all the grandkids, great grandkids, and great-great grandkid (only 1) I volunteered, and was quickly drafted, to deliver the eulogy. So obviously I'll be busy for the next couple of days.

At age 34, in my ethnicity, it was getting pretty darn incredible to still have had three living grandparents. So I've been more than blessed in that regard. Heck, this will only be the fourth funeral of my sheltered life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear that. Let me know of the details when you get a chance.

PrivateCaller