Monday, November 24, 2008

Missed Opportunity



Citigroup is up early this morning. It closed on Friday at the scary price of 3.77.

I just sold my *6.28-stock* at 5.90 at 8am this Monday morning.

I knew, I just knew that I should have bought a chunk more. There was no way the Big Government wasn't going to jawbone a *rescue* over the weekend.

However, this changes very little. Any bailout of Citigroup will require hundreds of billions of dollars. Citigroup is definitely a *short* here at $6.

Though, it might easily become a *much better short*. I'll do nothing at this price.

Expect a second, several hundred billion dollar *bailout*, er stimulus, to make its way out of Congress very soon.

Expect it to distract investors from reality and politicians from their profound incompetence.

And expect C-Nut to get short the market again at more favorable prices.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would you buy Google long today? 254 a few minutes ago.

Slow out.

CaptiousNut said...

In fact, I did buy it last week at $254. See my post.

Anonymous said...

Shoulda done it. Too much self doubt. Over 280 today.

Slow out.

When it comes to investing I have the cojones of a 9 year old girl.

CaptiousNut said...

Slow,

Give me your millions to trade and sleep soundly at night!