Saturday, December 20, 2008

My Aching Cold Bones



There are drifts of up to 2 feet at my house here on the South Shore of Boston.

I chipped off 6 inches last night before braving the hazardous roads for a Christmas cocktail party. Today I shoveled the rest - though it's still snowing and the forecast looks bad:
Today...Snow showers likely. Snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches. Highs around 20. North winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph. Chance of snow 70 percent.

Tonight...Cloudy. Snow showers likely in the evening...then a chance of snow after midnight. Additional snow accumulation around an inch. Near steady temperature around 18. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 60 percent.

Sunday...Snow in the morning...then snow with rain likely in the afternoon. Total snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches. Not as cool with highs in the mid 30s. East winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.

Note that my driveway is enormous AND I also had to climb up and shovel off my *flat roofs*. People say, "Get a snowblower..." or "Get it plowed..."

I say, "Do you know how enjoyable it is to spend 6 hours out by myself away from the kids/wife at the end of a long week?"

This storm will be particularly hard on many New Englanders who've been without power since LAST Thursday.

But you know what? Everyone will survive. We have soldiers in Iraq carrying 100 pound backpacks, sleeping on the ground, and eating Spam for crying out loud.

4 comments:

Taylor Conant said...

Spam would kill me. And I dare suggest we carpet bomb our enemies with spam... anyone who survives the multiple impacts will surely die from the ensuing gut-rot after eating the "unexploded ordinance."

Anonymous said...

I kinda like Spam and eggs. My son absolutely loves it. Recession special.

Slow out.

Anonymous said...

Did you shovel in your Teeny Weeny Bikini? Where is that broad anyway? I miss her barbs...
Kfell

CaptiousNut said...

The laundry's been piling up so I shoveled *commando*.

SherylH ain't wearing that bikini today. It's in the 20s in Dallas right now!

Maybe someone can find that *broad* on Facebook or something. Would be nice to mess with her.