Wednesday, December 03, 2008

What Volatility?




Above find yesterday's stock market result.

After a 40 point rise on Friday, I just knew that the UltraShort Finanacials ETF SKF would be volatile.

I bought it at 161.98 and sold it 164.43 on Monday.

Then I jumped in again at 153.82 and let it out at 167.39.

And I bit once again near the close at 152.92.

I also went out long the UltraShort Real Estate ETF SRS at 128.00. It's the first time I've touched that in a while. Remember, after I sold it, it skyrocketed to $295 a mere two weeks ago.



UPDATE - I sold the SKF at 162.90 before the open (Tuesday).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If Isreal bombs Iran, how high will DXO go?
Kfell

CaptiousNut said...

Not sure it would matter too much. I've been hearing about this *threat* for years.

I've guess I've grown deaf to it.

I don't think there are any shorts in crude at the moment. That's certainly not bullish.