Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Stubborner Than Thou



On Thanksgiving I was standing in front of a framed listing of the Ten Commandments. I quizzed my mother-in-law as to which one was "number six". Her answer was wrong; she thought it was the ban on adultery. She then proceeded to argue with me.

Make that....she proceeded to ARGUE WITH MOSES!!!

And y'all thought I was self-righteous!!!

For some reason she thought the *sex* ones were "Commandments 6 and 9". I'm not quite sure what to do with that particular mnemonic. Note she was wrong on Thou Shall Not Covet as well - it's number 10.



Bear in mind that number 5 says "thy".....not "her"!!!

UPDATE - My MIL responds:

I could have saved you the ignomy of your error , but was too busy in the kitchen (where else) to challenge your "facts" then, but, check out wikipedia
note the Roman Catholic and Luthern division of the commandments
where by 6 and 9 refer to adultery and coveting neighbors (spouse) wife
i AM NEVER WRONG !!

were you absent when they taught the 10 commandments in your Catholic schools ???
too bad you didn't help me with my posting comments technique, or i could have more publicly corrected you. best, mom (anon) MIL

No comments: