Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Hoarding Wealth

Yesterday morning I saw this headline about the penultimate town I lived in:

Newton Ranked 2nd Wealthiest Urban Area

Then, later that same day, I received this pic from one of my relatives:



He said he took it at Newton's (2nd wealthiest in USA) town hall!

So, not everyone in Newton is loaded, right?

I wouldn't jump to that conclusion. These clutterers and hoarders are psychologically afflicted. The owner of that car is most likely a millionaire - probably some 'old coot' that re-uses stamps not properly postmarked.

For sure, if you see a car like that, you ought to superglue some coins to the ground near it, urinate on them, and stand ready with popcorn and a fully charged camera.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All that money, and you keep running quotes like these:

"As for me, I know that my Redeemer lives. And at the last He will take His stand on the earth. - Job 19:25

...for luxury corrupts at once the rich and the poor – the rich by possession and the poor by covetousness. – Rousseau


What a contrast. One could well read it as the second being an explanation for the first. IIRC, Nietzsche got a book out of it.

Have you considered relocating to somewhere appropriate, like New Jersey?

CaptiousNut said...

Anon,

Those are two random quotes generated from separate pools.

Would never live in NJ. Yardley, PA perhaps.