Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Social Networking Competition



Today my Gmail-checking was interrupted by a prompt to check out *Google Buzz*.

I have to assume that it's a foray into *social networking* - that it's an assault on HeadBook or whatever that thing is called.

I remember when Gmail started. They tried to manufacture an aura about it in the sense that one had to be *invited* to get an account. I think their gimmick was to no avail in the early going, but here we are some years later and everyone is using Google's email service. Alright, except maybe for the 'old coots' and 'old bags' are who are still on Aol and Compuserve.

I may not avail myself to the services of *Google Buzz* - and why would I? I have a blog! - but I do hope that it takes a bite out of Headbook. I've always considered it to be blogging for simpletons; it was for the masses what cavity-backed clubs were to golf hackers!

No comments: