Saturday, March 13, 2010

Dead Blogs



That above is what I'd call a *dead blog*. I remember reading that one years ago. It was well-written and even got regularly hyperlinked to from much larger sites like Little Green Footballs.

But as you can see from the 6 months of inactivity, BummerDietz's blog has effectively rolled over and died. (And his penultimate post was a full five months before that!)

I've found that the more I put into this blog, the more I get out of it - on every level. Right now I'm trying to do the exact opposite of what Bummer and millions of other tried-out, has-been bloggers did. I'm trying to ramp up this blog to the next tier of relevance.

To that end I've resolved to up my output to 100 posts a month. I've indexed Marginalizing Morons in Technorati. And I've started reading some blogs out there that are, well, designed for ambitious bloggers. I even went so far as to order Chris Garrett's book. What do I have to lose, right?

No comments: