Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Sick Of Pizza



Sometime this fall I had my fill....of pizza.

Everywhere I went, most especially kids-centered affairs, all they ever had, everywhere(!), was pizza. And how hard is it to NOT INHALE a slice of pepperoni when it's right in front of you?

So, as much as I like a good slice (or four), I've vowed to not eat pizza throughout the entire new year!

Tonight I passed another 2010 test. I ordered a large cheese pizza for my kids and didn't so much as take a bite.

Admittedly, this is a bit of an insane over-reaction.

But I submit it might also be a healthy exercise in self-denial.

It's precisely doing weird sh*t like this that keeps my brain and my habits fluid - and my midiff so ripped.

(If you would like to stand out among your social circle in the burbs....be that 1-out-of-20 person that throws your kids birthday parties sans pizza!)

2 comments:

Justin Time said...

One minute you state that you've had your fill of pizza, and the very next sentence you contradict yourself by saying you want to stuff you face with four slices.

Is this just another one of those moral superiority things like when people brag on not owning a TV?

CaptiousNut said...

JT,

Those morally superior people who don't own color TVs, like one of my uncles,....for 30 years they chafed me.

But now I see how right they are -at least on that one point.