Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Stossel - Highly Recommended!

I hope y'all have been watching this show I mentioned - Stossel on the still-obscure Fox Business channel.

The program last week, on *Crony Capitalism* was particularly well done:



So far I've also see his admirable treatment of *healthcare*, *global warming*, and *Atlas Shrugged* - each subject of which got its own dedicated hour-long show.

I emailed him to suggest one on *homeschooling*, which is IMO the most important libertarian issue out there. So hopefully one is one tap down the road; and hopefully it is done justice. Though I wouldn't hold my breath.

You see I meet self-described libertarians all the time. Most of them are darn sure they are FOR the free trading of widgets....but yet remain ignorant about the *free trading of ideas* - the mindwork needed to create said widgets!

Stossel is on Thursdays at 10pm; but it is also replayed all the time; and can obviously be found online as well.

See also my prior mention - The Exiled John Stossel.

2 comments:

Taylor Conant said...

I don't know why we have to use the term "crony capitalism" when "fascism" works just as well, and has a history.

That's what this is... crony capitalism, fascism, it's all about biz and gov scratching each other's backs while breaking yours and mine.

CaptiousNut said...

Yeah I agree.

I don't even like the term *capitalism* which is too often used in place of *economic freedom*.